Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Still trying to find the PERFECT Halloween costume?

I went to the Spirit Halloween shop with my sister in law and nieces the other day. It was fun, as going to the Halloween store tends to be, but not one costume spoke to me. Besides, I'm the kinda gal who doesn't really wanna wear the same costume as anyone else - I'm more likely to be something no one else thought of. Under normal circumstances, I'd have to make my costume from scratch, or maybe hit up the Goodwill and hope I can put together all the elements I need. Fortunately, for the rest of us who wanna do something original this year but don't necessarily have the time to make a costume, there's Found Item Clothing!
Under any circumstances, FIC has great t shirt replicas from some of your favorite 80's movies, fun to wear on any occasion. But dude - add a tan robe, pajama pants and flip flops, and you could be The Dude for Halloween!

Here's one that only specially trained eyes (meaning: raised in the 80's) will get:


And that's not all. Found Item Clothing has gone through the effort of compiling a how to guide to use many of their coolest shirts as centerpieces to costumes that will win you first prize in any costume contest!

The Hanson Brothers is my favorite, but A.) I'm not a guy and B.) I don't have two friends willing to go in on it with me. But I know I'd be damn impressed if I saw a trio of goofballs dressed as the Hanson Brothers (bonus points if they sing some Hanson Brothers songs!) For Halloween this year, I'm gonna pull something really obscure out of my hat - I'm gonna be this chick Michelle. She's pretty cool and just a touch creepy. Should be interesting. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails